To the web pages of the
AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL CAVY COUNCIL Inc.
The National body of the Fancy in Australia
50 years and counting
This site is navigable using the side menu to the left, there are sub menus under some of the headings, so keep clicking until you find what you are looking for.
The intention of this website is to provide the one stop resource for all things ANCC, here you will find the ANCC Constitution which contains the aims of the Council, the ANCC Rules and Regulations and you can get clarification on the requirements to obtaining a Stud Prefix in Australia.
You will find on this site the minutes of the ADM, all information on developing new Breeds in Australia and the Australian Standards.
Links to the various State Councils and some clubs are also to be found here and we strongly encourage you to contact your local club/council, they are full of experienced and novice fanciers alike and the wealth of invaluable information the members hold for new and experienced fanciers is going to leave most of your queries answered.
There is a link to the ANCC Forum, if you have not already done so, please feel free to join, this is where you can ask your questions and they will be answered by some of the most experienced fanciers in Australia.
On the following pages you will be able to click on links to find a club/s in your home state or city/region.
50 YEARS STRONG AND GROWING
- The Cavy Fancy in Australia is now in its 50th year of exhibiting cavies.
- An Anniversary marked at this years National Cavy Show hosted by the Cavy Council of Victoria.
- Australias FIRST ever Cavy show took place on July 14th 1962 in the backyard of June Halls in suburban Chadstone, Melbourne, Victoria.
- This show was judged by Mr Sam Wood, who had emigrated to Australia from Essex in the United Kingdom.
- Click on the picture and read the full article, originally published in the 1983 Victorian Year Book.
Thank you to the CCV for the use of the article.